According to Seth Godin,
Some can only win when others lose.
Others seek to win by helping others succeed.
One of these approaches scales far better than the other.
I love this because it can apply to cycling too! #whenindoubtleaditout
As always, thanks for reading!
p.s. looking for some new jams this week?
Check out local Amsterdam label, Krooks', latest EP from Sidirum.
Rapha welcomes Sophie de Boer to the family.
Earlier this week down at the local track, crit & CX club A.S.C. Olympia, our very own Frank van der Sman piloted my WorkCycles hauling Andrew Telling to shoot this footage of local cyclocross hero Sophie de Boer for Rapha. Go Sophie!
Cycling training software usage
My @fahrradschau colleague Peter in Vienna is doing a bike training survey. The purpose is to get a better understanding of how cyclists use software to analyse, manage and plan their training and rides. Take 5mins.
Guillaume Schaeffer; Journeying Japan
The Japanese Odyssey began for it’s second year. A 2,400km non-competitive, high-camaraderie voyage, navigating much of Japan’s mesmerising mountains. Apidura caught up with of the event organisers Guillaume Schaeffer on riding the land of the rising sun a second time. Photos by Far Ride Mag.
Why start a cycling brand? – The Startup – Medium
- 2 months to design five full cycling outfits including producing samples
- 2 months to build a social following of the brand
- Start a Kickstarter campaign for a debt free beginning to the company (Two weeks to prepare after the above)
- 4 weeks to build online store while campaign was running
Boom! Nice one Mike!
Dropbox’s Playbook for International Expansion
- A universal framework for international growth?
- Which countries, and when
- When is the right time to do international growth?
- How to decide on your first international outpost: Don’t just copy Google
- What happens when you actually open an office
- Your initial landing team
- International might not be as different as you think
- Or international could be really different. How to run growth experiments in a completely different “lab”
- Data risks and regulatory norms
- Currency and payments challenges with international expansion
- Biggest mistakes in international launches
Open position: Growth Hacker - RevelX
The term growth hacker is hyped, but it covers the essence of what we are looking for: realizing revenue impact through digital marketing and smart thinking.
Looks like a cool opportunity with a local Amsterdam team!
4 best cold email templates that actually work
Wonder what to write in the email to get more positive responses? Righthello.com tested many variants and approaches. These cold email templates proved to be the best ones for them.
Still need to hit Q4 sales quota? 6 ways to close deals before it’s too late
It's the end of the year and the pressure is on to convert your pipeline into customers. If prospects are delaying, here are 6 ways to close deals faster.
More Than a Number: Building a World-Class Sales Development Team
- Create Personal Success Formulas
- Focus On Alignment Of The Vision First, and Quota Second
- Focus on “A-Attitudes”
- Align Marketing & Sales
- Give Your Team The Tools Needed To Succeed
- Manage Stress-Levels, And Plan Productive Fun
- Focus on Professional Development
I love posts like this. Thorough A F.
The Italian Makeover
My bud Stefano spends a day teaching his Swedish colleague Markus at Babbel how to act and look like an Italian: coffee, gestures, style...
p.s. Stefano is looking for companies to get involved in his Fixed 42 effort. Check it out!