I skipped a week! Did you notice?
That used to freak me out but sometimes completely unplugging is simply the best way to go. It was nice! I was in Brabant north of Breda nearly in the Biesbosch for several days with my family in a mega small & super cozy cabin.
Highlights from the trip:
- De Biesbosch! ('forest of sedges' or 'rushwoods') is one of the largest national parks of the Netherlands and one of the last extensive areas of freshwater tidal wetlands in Northwestern Europe. Also an important area for the resistance during WWII.
- We visited 🌿✨ 🦄 Efteling ✨ 🌿 & had a great ride back to Oud Drimmelen 🏕🌳
- Tweed Ride! On behalf of Brooks Nederland, we rode Breda's first Tweed Ride which started at the very cool cycle café: Kamu. (Photos here, here, & here)
Highlights since I've been back:
- New Projects! We've (re)kicked off with return client Zwatt, well underway with Massif Central. We do have availability for new sales / lead gen work & just updated our portfolio.
- Rapha Rides Amsterdam! Its this week! Register here. I'm honored to be featured: pages.rapha.cc/feature/jon-woodroof
- I'm doing a ride Laurent ten Dam tomorrow here in Amsterdam for the kickoff of bicycling.nl
Ideas for upcoming issues:
- Should each month have a weekly theme? Will provide focus for each introduction + articles?
- Scrap the three subject sections to include more variety in the content shared?
- Featured content. Would facilitating a means to get your content featured be useful?
As always, thank you for reading!
❤️ this? Please tweet it, share on LinkedIn or post on FB. Salamat!
MassifCentral – Great Achievements, Illustrated
Bespoke & Limited Edition data illustrations. Gallery-quality prints capturing pro & amateur cycling achievements. Please reply if you know a bike shop or event that could be a fit to feature a print!
Bonus: read their 21 wonderful Giro d’Italia stories here & check out the print too!
Matt Ben Stone - Available for Work
Matt Ben Stone is a photographer specialising in sports lifestyle documentary image making. Based in London, UK. He reached out about potential projects & I offered to give him a shout here. He does great work! Follow him on insta too!
8 Year Anniversary at Obst & Gemüse - Pas Normal Studios
You know this is a special place as soon as you cross the huge carved wooden door when you find the first bikes waiting on the patio or the first time you walk inside, to a clean and open space divided into two floors. Downstairs, the best cargo bikes; upstairs, a painstaking selection of performance products and dreamlike machines.
- Elena Bris | Watch her video about the weekend.
How The Most Productive CEOs Keep Email In Check
Good to see Slack mentioned here. I know we all struggle with this.
Thank you for reading this email by the way! : )
Building a Growth Team from 0 to 50
- When the founder is the "growth team" and what skills that requires
- Scaling to a 3-person growth team, and the roles you need to bring on
- Picking high impact projects is crucial to your survival. We talk about a framework to gut-check impact and likelihood of success
- What early teams need to do to increase buy-in and expand their resource allocation
- The 1:5:10 Ratio and how growth maps to the rest of the org
- How to map your growth team to the customer lifecycle
- Taking on bigger bets, and growth vs product
Indie Hackers: Learn from Profitable Businesses and Projects
Learn how Kai Brach has overcome the hurdles to publishing an indie print magazine and managed to build a one-man operation that sustains him full-time.
10 work skills for the postnormal era
I make no distinction between the skills needed by management versus staff.
- Stewe Boyd writes intersting stuff: workfutures.io/@stoweboyd
The Inertia In Your Sales Stack
My how a couple years can change things. SalesHacker.com published an article in January of 2015 titled Welcome to the Era of the Sales Stack.
It suggests 16 different tools for your sales stack. 16! ; )
Relationships -> Process -> Product
This includes how you engage with not only your customers, but also your employees.
The greenest package carrier in The Netherlands
I recently had a coffee with Raimond from fietskoeriers.nl and he told me about their company. They can deliver all packages from webshops to all major cities of the Netherlands by bicycle. And 98% is delivered at the first attempt! More about their services here.