Almost broke the chain! I'm a few days over due from the regularly scheduled time but it is just my own deadline after all. Turns out, people miss their own deadlines a lot – there are even some fancy schmancy psychological reasons why it happens. But don't be fooled, deadlines are still important.
I'd be remiss without saying RIP to Prince. There is a Minneapolis radio station is playing only his music. You can listen here.
As always, thanks for reading!
"No, this isn’t about finding your dream man – but it is about finding the perfect match…with your bike."
"What is real and what is not real? What is a bargain and what is not a bargain? When is a Pinarello a Chinerello?" Inside the shady world of counterfeit bikes, clothing and parts.
"You can see this almost everywhere. If you’re not building high growth software or platforms, you’re seen as wasting your time." #preach
- Have one common story - It’s not about a collection of stuff. It’s about one main idea that everyone can repeat, from the first employee to the last.
- Have a maniacal focus – As the company grows, you need to do fewer things but do them extremely well.
- Build a unified leadership team that can handle the growth – you need to hire the best talent and align everyone on one common purpose. The alignment and coherency is the biggest thing.
- Always reinvent yourself – You need to be transparent about everything in the company, good and bad.
- Make mistakes and fix them fast – Most people are afraid to make mistakes but the honest truth is that you need to make a lot of mistakes, but correct them fast so you can grow.
I didn't know 'Athleisure' was a thing until I saw this interview with Vulpine's founder Nick Hussey. Launched in 2012 with five garments, Vulpine is one of my favorite startups that sits at the intersection of cycling & technology that I often find my own company. Besides, I suppose trackstanding a brompton the pinnacle of athleisure eh? ; )
From figuring out how to sell yourself to letting technology do the heavy lifting, the author offers a handful of ways to upgrade your media relations efforts.
Simplify your communication with your prospects. You will become much easier to understand. When you do this, you will drastically increase your chances of closing.
This Surprising Pricing Philosophy Can Help Increase Your Sales Premium options can increase sales and grow your base.
Imagining tomorrow’s sustainable, self-sufficient city: that is the goal of Fab City, a global project which started in Barcelona two years ago and is currently being tested in Amsterdam.