- This week's subject is a paraphrased Zig Ziglar quote:
Goals enable you to do more for yourself and others, too.
It reminded me of the two kinds of winning I talked about Nº71
Then I read this quote by provocative Canadian psychologist Jordan B Peterson:
“‘Happiness’ is a pointless goal. Don’t compare yourself with other people, compare yourself with who you were yesterday. No one gets away with anything, ever, so take responsibility for your own life. You conjure your own world, not only metaphorically but also literally and neurologically. These lessons are what the great stories and myths have been telling us since civilisation began.”
Peterson’s 12 Rules for Life are pretty damn dialed:
- Rule 1 Stand up straight with your shoulders back
- Rule 2 Treat yourself like you would someone you are responsible for helping
- Rule 3 Make friends with people who want the best for you
- Rule 4 Compare yourself with who you were yesterday, not with who someone else is today
- Rule 5 Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them
- Rule 6 Set your house in perfect order before you criticise the world
- Rule 7 Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)
- Rule 8 Tell the truth – or, at least, don’t lie
- Rule 9 Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don’t
- Rule 10 Be precise in your speech
- Rule 11 Do not bother children when they are skate-boarding
- Rule 12 Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street
As always thank you for reading,
My goal this week? More subscribers!
Our client OBST&GEMÜSE kicked of a monthly newsletter (in German).
Subscribe to see what Switzerland's best bike shop is up to!
The Shift Up Podcast, as produced by Arleigh Greenwald in collaboration with CyclingIndustry.News, focuses on the present state of the bike trade and the opportunities existing in the market.
2018 kicked off with European PR for SILCA.
We're honored to be working with this legendary & innovative to spread the world this side of the Atlantic. If you're not already familiar, check out: silca.cc
I've used Harvest to run my business since the beginning.
Their 2017 review is pretty rad!
The 13 Network Effects & How They Actually Work.
Long read. Good read.
Covert marketing, undercover marketing embedded marketing, content marketing, native advertising, brand journalism...
Read Jess' thoughts about being vigilant here.
Sales & PR
We're helping make this amazing installation happen here in Amsterdam.
The future of Facebook for businesses is a bit uncertain. Buffer's podcast helps you understand it better.
"Marketing means making it easy for people to notice you, relate to you, remember you, and tell their friends about you."
End your weekend & start your week with this mix!