Last week the team here at Twotone started with why.
We sat down for an entire day with Ashley Usiskin and dug into into why our company exists, how we go about our mission, and what exactly we do. This Golden Circle concept is familiar to many of you from Simon Sinek's seminal TED talk back in 2009: How Great Leaders Inspire Action.
Some highlights of the ground we covered:
- Answered: in 2 years what we would we like to be known for.
- Made our own Golden Circle to understand why we do what we do
- We examined our service, ethos & style. Cool to see how we agreed!
- We began to establish a list of values. Here are some that stuck out:
- Understanding - trends, markets, clients and each other.
- Adaptability - accommodate circumstances and prevail.
- Execution - keep it easy, ship it. Done is better than perfect.
- Invention - cobble, create and scale solutions never considered
- Visual assets & copy for our unique PR and Sales centered model
- Defining our Ambition/Growth strategy
- Improving our pitch
- A brief for a new logo and website updates
What about your company? Why not start with why? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
As always, thanks for reading!
Our officemates Dario and Paul struck cycling gold when they found 32 unridden or re-conditioned Columbus SLX frames while exploring bike shops in Treviso, Italy. This is their story ; )
I love the juxtaposition of two new bikes released by two of my favorite brands:
- The Take the Long Way Home B-Road is the dream gravel adventure rig by Breadwinner Cycles. This beauty boasts limited edition paint, premium parts from Shimano, Chris King, Thomson and wheels by Sugar Wheel Works.
- The Kreissäge was designed by our friends in Berlin at Standert with one thing in mind: the finish line and how to get there as fast as possible. Even their product copy jabbed at the everything bike trend. The Kreissäge is definitely #equippedtocrit
I just spotted Stuart Johnson of Coros Wearables featured in a recent WeWork newsletter. They have 12 days left on their kickstarter campaign and already hit $250k smashing their $50k goal! More about the helmet on their website.
That’s right, I said it. Well, he did. I dare you not to laugh.
Well he's done some amazing work since then for companies like Mozilla, Adidas, Akzo Nobel, RedBull, 180 Amsterdam and more. Holla at him if you could use his help!
Starts with: Leave to get water and ask if anyone needs anything.
"Your colleagues will feel compelled to start drinking and snacking, and your foresight will make them think you can really predict the future."
Getting your sales stack just right is key to your sales team's success. But, how do you go about choosing the right tools when there are so many out there?
By setting up a repeatable process from the start, it will give you the data points and insights needed to scale your outreach successfully.
When it comes to delivering negative feedback, email is the worst. But if you have to do it, here are a few suggestions.
Here's a short impression of the recent race I did around a now defunct jail. Easily one of the most original and most authentic cycling events in Amsterdam: Rond de Bajes! Complete with a cameo of yours truly ; )
This article will sober you.
Worth it to include a bonus in the radness section!
"Think of how rarely you now use the phone to speak to someone. A text is far easier, quicker, less burdensome. A phone call could take longer; it could force you to encounter that person’s idiosyncrasies or digressions or unexpected emotional needs."