So you can imagine when one of my all-time favorite bands released their first album in 15 years last Friday: I was more than simply stoked.
I first saw American Nightmare at a venue in Atlanta called Under The Couch on May 25th, 2002. Underoath, Striking Distance & Death Threat also played. Their album Background Music is easily my most played record ever. Wes' songwriting set them apart then & still does today.
Like, for instance, this song on the new record that is essentially just a verse. A poem, even. (🎥 on Insta)
🌺 "Flowers Under Siege" 🌸
Flowers grow from the underground
To be stared at and stepped on and sold
Until what's beautiful is too old
Been under siege since I was a seed
And I'll be under siege 'til they re-bury me
I think that even if as a listener you can't appreciate the sound as art, what he writes down can hit you in the heart.
As always thank you for reading,
who else is going to the show in Eindhoven on May 1?!
Vulpine's founder, Nick Hussey, has been writing quite a bit recently.
Each post is great! #hatersgonnahate
Some awesome California snaps!
Spotted a Roll Call jersey too ; )
Doop Cycling is a Dutch Fixed Gear Racing team. They race on a competitive level in The Netherlands and across Europe.
Racer & Designer, Kai, stopped by the office Friday.
The big benefits of little changes.
2017 was another stellar year for Bandcamp, with double digit growth in every aspect of the business.
When it comes to logical thinking, Digital Product Development is not free from sin. Even if we follow best practices and design processes, errors in judgement can creep in through the cracks in our daily routines.
- Self-awareness: without this, you’ve got no way to evaluate what skills you have, what you lack and what you need to work on
- Self-regulation: People who can self-regulate make better decisions, are more resilient, and act with more integrity.
- Motivation: Those with leadership potential are motivated by a deeply embedded desire to achieve for the sake of achievement.
- Empathy: You’re familiar with the word — but this one is actually a bit tricky.
- Social skills: the ability to build rapport and manage relationships — with a goal in mind.
It makes you a better internal collaborator
This is a cool company that builds some of the most vital tools we use every day at Twotone.
Great guys too ; )
The Disconnect is an offline-only, digital magazine of commentary, fiction, and poetry. Each issue forces you to disconnect from the internet, giving you a break from constant distractions and relentless advertisements.
You might be able to access and make sense of the internet. But getting away from it is becoming a privilege.