"This man will make your liver quiver! This man will make your bladder splatter! This man will freeze your knees! If you will, let's all welcome SOUL BROTHER number 1, JAMES BROWN!!!!"
This intro quote is from a live James Brown performance at Zaire 74, a three day festival in Kinshasa, Zaire (now the Democratic Republic of the Congo) that included B.B. King, Bill Withers and dozens of other artists. The festival was organized by famous fight promoter, Don King and was shrouded in controversy. The festival was attended by more than 80,000 people! – Chris from JamBuzz
I've been using last.fm a lot to go through a now nearly 10 years of scrobbles and all kinds of classic jams are popping up! I use youtube for playback instead of Spotify and often some great live performances come through. Like the Soul Power performance described above!
Speaking of the intro, a liver that quivers sounds pretty intense! So, how about some tips on how to avoid exactly that from Kurt P. Leuenberger, MD, OHC Hematology Oncology?
- 🍷Limit the amount of alcohol you drink.
- 🍵 Drink green tea. It is one of the best beverages for a health liver is green tea.
- 🥗 Eat healthy. Try to eat less meat and instead eat non-starchy vegetables and fruits, grains and seeds.
- 🌰And don’t forget nuts. Walnuts are considered another good food for our livers because of their high content of omega-3 fatty acids and their amino acid levels, which assist in liver cleansing, therefore helping to remove toxins.
- 🚴Exercise. Exercise is good for you in general, and as you keep your weight under control, you’ll help prevent nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, a condition that leads to cirrhosis.
- ☕ Drink coffee. Research shows that it can lower your risk of getting liver disease. No one knows why this is so, but it’s something easy to do while more research is done.
- 🚭Don’t smoke. Duh.
As always, thank you for reading!
If you enjoy this issue, please consider spreading the word:
Well, I missed my chance to catch David at Schiphol as I was leaving town for Bristol and he was arriving but I fortunately did not miss this great recap of the work Conductor Studio did for them.
Great stuff, guys!
The Ampler Challenge is back this year and now its your turn to ride!
More details about the contest on Ampler's FB:
Keen to try an Ampler? Swing by our office: calendly.com/ampler/amsterdam
Ben, from Johnson Studios, had the “brilliant” idea of bikepacking and self-filming a solo adventure in the Andes of Peru. He had zero bikepacking experience.…
This is 8min. So worth the watch!
The study focuses on six main categories with the following factors that make a city cycling-friendly:
- Percentage Bicycle Usage.
- Crime & Safety: Fatalities / 100,000 Cyclists, Accidents / 100,000 Cyclists, Bicycle Theft Score.
- Infrastructure: Number of Bicycle Shops / 100,000 Cyclists, Specialised Roads & Road Quality Score, Investment & Infrastructure Quality Score.
- Sharing: Number of Bicycle Sharing & Rental Stations / 100,000 Score, # Shared Bicycles / 100,000 Score.
- Events: No Car Day, Critical Mass Score.
George MacGill (from the tweet above) breaks down how we can make better decisions in all areas of our lives by using Mental Models.
Speaking of make better decisions, join me at Workspace 6 next Tuesday to up your administration and business model aptitude with Samed Sökmen of Innovate Today.
Sales & PR
Thank you Carmen & all the pr.co team for building a tool quintessential to the success of our clients and our own agency!
AOV is average order value and is one of the most important tools in an online brand or retailer’s arsenal. Thanks for the tip on this one Gigi!
Instagram algorithm changes affect everyone who uses the platform. How can you ensure your brand is working with the flow of the feed, and not against it?
About Telecast - #015
Telecast - #015 - playlist:
- 001 A Street in Bombay - Amancio D'Silva
- 002 Treugol'nyy Son - it's Done!
- 003 El Buho - Chucum (Nicola Cruz remix)
- 004 Needze - Hasme
- 005 Iorie - Don’t Know
- 006 Iorie, Coss, Luca Musto - Meze (feat. Paul Callens)
- 007 Fask - Jacob Groening
- 008 Arutani - Self Portrait (O/Y remix)
- 009 Arutani - Tomorrow